Are you looking to generate more traffic to your website? When it comes to SEO, there are two ways to improve your search ranking and get more visibility for your business — on-page and off-page SEO. On-page SEO presents content to the search engines. Off-page SEO involves developing a linking strategy and building mentions to your website. According to Backlinko.com, the top 3 spots in Google get 75.1% of all clicks. And, the top #1 spot on Google gets 31.7% of all clicks. While we may specialize in developing organic SEO in Largo, Florida, our techniques are not limited to our location. You can implement these, too.
Want to improve your on-page SEO?
Here are some helpful tips.
- Use titles containing the specific keyword you want to rank the page for
- Develop a heading structure to make it easy for Google and visitors to scan your website.
- Maintain a consistent hierarchy in your textual content.
- Use H1 headings to help define the topic of your page for search engines.
- Include well-written meta descriptions. This is the text that is shown right below the title on the search result pages. Meta descriptions can have a huge impact on your click-through rates.
- Use alt attributes to provide alternative information in case an image cannot be displayed.
- Use page caching to help speed page loading times and reduce your server load.
- Create relevant and useful content. Quality content leads to a higher ranking in the long run.
- Make sure your website is SSL secured (HTTPS) because it provides extra security. This is especially important for e-commerce websites.
- Avoid duplicate content. If identical content is found on two or more pages of your website, search engines may penalize you.
- The homepage needs to reflect the rest of the website. Distractions should be limited and the page should guide the users to follow clear next steps.
- By the same token, focus on the value that your website provides and the user experience in order to encourage visitors to return to your website.
- Landing pages must be designed with a single purpose, also known as a call-to-action (CTA), and target only one or two keywords.
- Additionally, consider how your website appears on mobile and tablet devices. Make sure your webpages load quickly and resize properly.
Looking to improve your off-page SEO?
- While backlinks are some of the strongest factors in search engine ranking, social signals are also playing a major role.
- Receiving backlinks from blog posts and reviews are considered valuable links. The more relevant, the better!
- Be careful of falling into the trap of vanity metrics. In other words, the goal is not to get as many links as possible, but rather develop quality linking with a consistent inbound strategy.
- With this in mind, avoid link-building schemes.
- Get to know your website users and share content on the social networks they’re using. Interacting with your network regularly will help drive traffic.
- Furthermore, be sure to respond to comments on social media.
- Include keyword-rich content in your descriptions, especially on YouTube, Pinterest and Instagram.
Remember, while we use these guidelines for organic SEO in Largo, Florida, you can follow the same methods anywhere.
WORK WITH US
Signify Studio can help you with online marketing and organic SEO in Largo, Florida, throughout the state of Florida or across the United States. Looking for traffic generation for your website?. Contact us today!